2007年11月24日 星期六

One of my unusual habits

People are sure to have or develop many unusual habits in their life time, and I am no exception. I am sure you’ve heard of people coming down with habitual diarrhea or cannot sleep before a major exam. As for me, I always clean my room before an exam!

I remembered the first mid-term in my freshman year, I took out my broom and mop and did a thorough cleaning one week before the exam. I started with my desk. Then I stripped down my bed and put the bed sheets and the pillow case in the washer. But what actually frightened my three roommates was that I even dismantled my electric fan, and cleaned the dust of the inner part, blade by blade!

When they asked me what I was doing and why, I wasn’t able to explain my action, which differs from ordinary people. Maybe it has something to do with my motivating character?? Anyway, when everyone’s busy with mid-term preparation, I was busy cleaning and dusting like it was the New Year! Thank God, one of my roommates was nice enough to pitch in and help me before I got exhausted from the cleaning. The funny thing is that until the end, we were both still wondering why we wasted all those time cleaning!

Now that I think about it, perhaps I just want to have a clean and enjoyable learning environment for me to study. Or maybe it’s just a way for me to calm down and put that nervous feeling out of my mind! In any case, my room has to be 100% clean before I can settle down and study. After hearing my unusual habit, aren’t you glad that you are not my roommate??

2 則留言:

babynichu 提到...

HI, Ben. After I read your article, I found your English is very well. The article seemed that doesn’t have big problem! I thought I can learn from you, but there is a wrong verb form.
“Then I stripped down my bed and put the bed sheets and the pillow case in the washer.” According to this website; http://www.cybertranslator.idv.tw/grammar/prepositions.htm, you should use” put sth into …”

iachiwen 提到...

Run-ons
http://daer2007fall.wikispaces.com/global+errors

"I remembered the first mid-term in my freshman year, I took out my broom and mop and did a thorough cleaning one week before the exam."

I think the correct sentence is "I remembered the first mid-term in my freshman year; I took out my broom and mop and did a thorough cleaning one week before the exam."